Professional coaching is different from consulting, mentoring, advice, therapy, or counseling. It’s a partnership between coach and client, through which the coach evokes transformation and forwards the action surrounding a client’s goals and aspirations.
The International Coach Federation defines coaching as: "A partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the one being coached to maximize their personal and professional potential."
- International Coach Federation (ICF), www.coachfederation.org
In practice, coaching occurs through conversations, either in person or over the phone. The coach asks powerful questions, offers perspective, gives encouragement, challenges assumptions, holds the client accountable, and provides a framework for taking action on who and what you want to become.
A professional coach is trained in coaching behaviors and competencies, and is bound by professional standards and ethics. View the ICF code of ethics here.
What you can expect from the Red Cape Coaching experience:
- to become aware of your values, purpose and unique attributes
- to experience positive change and tangible action
- to strengthen your leadership capacity and influence
- to be heard
- to be challenged
- to feel like you’re in a creative, courageous, authentic space
- to feel a sense of freedom, lightness and empowerment in your life
Coaching may be right for you if you:
- want to define where you’re headed
- are looking for the right career fit
- want to go farther, faster
- want to grow your influence and leadership
- feel stuck
- are in transition
- are searching for deeper meaning
- are ready for a change
- are wanting to love the work you do
- want to improve the relationships in your life
- want more authenticity and alignment